Optometric Technician Job – Springfield, IL
Why You’ll Love This Job
If you are a professional who is interested in building a career in the optometry field, your experience places you at the top of the list for Vision Care Associates' full-time Optometric Technician position in Springfield, IL!
At Vision Care Associates, you will work with an amazing team in a fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. No optometry experience? No problem! Take advantage of our on-the-job training and continuing education classes to learn the skills you need to grow a successful Optometric Technician career. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them and choosing the perfect eyewear. Live your best life with perks and benefits that include a 401k, paid time off, and health/vision/insurance benefits.
Fast-forward your Optometric Technician career with Vision Care Associates, an innovative company that will help you succeed! Apply today.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Perform pre-examination testing
- Assist the Optometrist as needed
- Help patients choose the perfect eyewear
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
Optometric Technician Qualifications
- Professional office experience
- Data-entry experience
- Efficient, organized and resourceful
- Computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- Optometric Tech/optical industry experience preferred
Type: Full Time (Hourly)