Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you enjoy interacting and connecting with patients? Are you passionate about providing exceptional patient care? Then apply today to join the New Bern Family Eye Care team as an Optometric Technician in our Trent Woods, NC location.
New Bern Family Eye Care is an independently owned vision clinic located in Craven County, just off HWY 70 in New Bern. In addition, we have three other local practices that serve our patients – SpecialEyes Pediatric & Special Needs Vision Clinic, Pamlico Family Eye Care and Creekside Family Eye Care (coming this November!).
Our priorities include employing and training an outstanding team, investing in education, and valuing each individual and role. It is our goal to make going to work each day challenging, rewarding and fun! Our clinic is fully equipped with the newest technology and we work diligently to create a warm, family environment that promotes patient-centered care and a well-balanced culture for our employees.
As Optometric Technician, you would maintain a professional and friendly attitude as you guide patients through the examination process to determine their visual abilities, followed by continued preparation to see the optometrist for routine and medical eye care.
When you join New Bern Family Eye Care, you become part of a close-knit team that provides quality, personalized eye care to generations of families that return year after year. Here, you will work alongside leaders who value your personal life and will support and encourage you daily.
Build a career at New Bern Family Eye Care. Apply to be an Optometric Technician today!
Optometric Technician Job Responsibilities
- Greet all patients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Gather preliminary data through pretest, such as documenting chief complaints, gathering patient’s medical history, obtaining vitals, measuring visual acuity, eye movement, interocular pressure (IOP), color vision, pupils, cover test and instilling dilation drops.
- Run diagnostic equipment such as retinal photos, visual fields, and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Educate the patient about what each machine is testing and explain instructions to provide accurate test results.
- Accurately and efficiently document the results of pretesting into the current EHR program.
- Educate and instruct the patient on insertion, removal, and proper care of contact lenses.
- Assist the Optometrist as needed during examinations.
- Assist other members of the team when needed and available.
Optometric Technician Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years prior optometric technician experience preferred.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask.
- Timeliness and dependability.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Interest in healthcare.
- Team player
- Strong communication skills.
- Must present a professional appearance.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)