Optometric Technician Job – Houston, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity in a well-established office? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, yet, friendly environment? Here at Houston Eye Doctor, we are looking to add an Optometric Technician to our team. If you are looking for a great team, great compensation, great benefits, and a great schedule, this is the office for you! Apply to become our next Optometric Technician today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
- Other duties as required to be a successful team player
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)