Optometric Technician Job – Houston, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking for a high-paced, successful practice to start your career in the optical industry as an Optometric Technician? How would you like to join a team that treats their staff like family and tries to help them achieve their goals? Did we mention a 4-day work week with rotating weekends? Join our positive work environment at Vision Source Kingwood as our newest Optometric Technician! Benefits available.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry is helpful
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 04:00:33 GMT