Why You’ll Love This Job
The job of the Front Desk Ambassador is to provide patients with a positive first impression. The Ambassador displays exceptional customer service while engaging with patients on a day-to-day basis and is knowledgeable in all areas of the practice. The front desk is the communications hub of the office, ensuring staff and patient arrivals and needs are communicated in a timely manner. The Ambassador is knowledgeable of vision and medical insurance and handles all paperwork and computer input for new patients and returning patients.
The Front Desk Ambassador makes sure each patient has an exceptional experience and promotes an environment where every patient will truly “See the Difference Caring Makes.”
- Communicates and works closely with all Front Desk Ambassadors, Technicians, Opticians and Doctors to coordinate all efforts to the benefit of the patient and the team.
- Greets patients in person and by phone to schedule, check-in appointments, send doctor notifications and input initial information into the computer system ensuring an efficient process for patients.
- Monitors voicemail and the online system, Solution Reach, for online correspondence and appointment confirmations ensuring call and message responses are completed the same day.
- Manages patient’s appointments and requests including reminder calls, scheduling referral appointments, prescription refills and doctor correspondence to meet patients’ new and ongoing needs.
- Schedules patients with discernment to ensure patients have a minimal wait period and the provider has the appropriate amount of time with the patient.
- Verifies patient’s insurance and request insurance referrals as needed including plan eligibility to effectively relay the correct information to patients.
- Utilizes the paging system to contact the appropriate team member ensuring timely patient movement throughout the office.
- Prepares bills ensuring charges are correct and explain/collect co-payments and optical costs from clients while ensuring client understanding of costs and visit types.
- Prepares files and paperwork for the next day patients to ensure the team is ready for the patients’ arrivals.
- Verifies daily numbers/stats and counts money to ensure everything is balanced at the end of the business day.
- Explains contact lens pricing and rebates to patients including finalizing orders for in-stock lenses to be dispensed or contact lenses that will have to be ordered.
- Tracks inventory for sellable items (drops, spray, vitamins, etc) and notify the Office Manager when supplies are low, ensuring product is always available.
- Handles emergency visit calls and triage emergencies over the phone to provide the patient with immediate information and alert specialists of urgent needs for scheduling.
- Understands when to elevate a problem or ask questions to ensure accurate information is always provided to clients.
- Follows and set an example of our 7 specific core values to promote internal and external coworker and customer service relationships.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and ability to navigate electronic health records
- Understanding of medical and vision insurance plans
- Ability to focus and provide accurate information in a hectic environment
- Ability to understand and utilize computer programs including My Vision Express, Microsoft Office, electronic health records and Teams.
- Smiles for all patients by phone and through masks
- Extra Helpful
Type: Full Time (Hourly)