Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you have a passion for working with people and improving their quality of life? Are you organized, dependable, and eager to learn? Bring your compassion and communication skills and join the Barrios Vision team in this Vision Therapist job at our Green Brook, NJ location.
As a Vision Therapist, you will teach patients how to gather visual information efficiently and process that information accurately so that they can learn, work, and perform at their full potential. You’ll become part of a close-knit team that shares your passion for providing care with a personal touch. Our leaders will value your personal life and support and encourage you each day.
Build a career you love by applying for this Vision Therapist job today!
Vision Therapist Job Responsibilities
- Carry out the therapy program for given patients
- Provide appropriate documentation for the doctor to monitor progress
- Maintain a clean and organized environment for therapy to take place
- Communicate with patients and their families both in-person and by email/phone
- Lead outreach by contacting groups, organizations, and professionals to generate referrals for optometric vision therapy
- Create invoices for patient payment
- Assist other members of the team when needed and available
- All other duties assigned by management
Skills & Qualifications
Vision Therapist Job Qualifications
- AA or BA/BS desired
- Previous experience in vision therapy, occupational therapy, teaching, or other medical rehabilitation fields is not required, but would be valuable
- Must enjoy working with children; experience/knowledge with ADHD/Autism is helpful
- Must have compassion for those suffering from anxiety/depression
- Ability and eagerness to learn
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- A positive and engaging personality
Type: Full Time (Hourly)