Why You’ll Love This Job
Palos Verdes Family Vision Optometry, Inc in Rolling Hills Estates, California is looking for a responsible and friendly optometric technician whose goal is to make patients feel comfortable and welcome at our office. You will perform all pre-testing procedures and examination setup prior to examination by the doctors. We will train you in special testing and the opportunity to be trained as an Optician is provided if you want a career without investing in the formal schooling usually required. If you love fashion combined with healthcare, this is a position for you! We have a clean, happy office and need someone with energy, who is organized and likes a fast pace!
Full time benefits include:
- M-F workweek with flexible hours
- Paid vacation
Optometric Technician job responsibilities include:
- Performs all pre-test procedures to prepare patient and room for the vision examination.
- Performs specialized testing as needed.
- Inputs data collected from pre-testing procedures accurately into EMR.
- Inquires and records full and accurate patient history.
- Assists doctors in exam rooms, including contact lens retrieval and application.
- Dispense and personalized adjustment of frames for patients; dispense contact lenses.
- Help with any and all lab duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Skills & Qualifications
Optometric Technician required skills & qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Prior experience in an optometric or other medical office preferred.
- Knowledgeable about contact lenses and spectacle lens materials preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully multitask is required.
- Computer experience required. Usable knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of an Electronic Medical Records system preferred.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)