Pediatric Optical Technician Job – Murrieta, CA
Why You’ll Love this Job
Our office will train the right person wanting to work with children and who understands customer service and empathy. We are looking for a full-time, career-oriented person who wants to join our family of teammates and help us provide outstanding community service.
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Work closely with children under the age of 12 and families
- Vision Training weekly therapy sessions with autistic and developmentally challenged children
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Enjoys working with kids and having fun.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- High School diploma
- Prior experience as an optometric technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 8676