Pediatric Optical Technician Job – Murrieta, CA
Why You’ll Love This Job
At California Oaks Vision Center our office will train the right person wanting to work with children and who understands customer service and empathy. We are looking for a full-time, career-oriented person who wants to join our family of teammates and help us provide outstanding community service. If this sounds like a role for you, apply to our Pediatric Optical Technician role today!
Responsibilities for Pediatric Optical Technician
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Work closely with children under the age of 12 and families
- Vision Training weekly therapy sessions with autistic and developmentally challenged children
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Skills & Qualifications for Pediatric Optical Technician
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Enjoys working with kids and having fun.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as a Pediatric Optical Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 03:18:32 GMT