Optometrist – Recent Grads Considered Job – Greenbelt, MD
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you a self-starter? Detail Oriented? Cool under pressure while juggling diverse tasks? Then Visual Eyes is perfect for you! We are an office defined by a clear mission and vision that challenges the staff to engage in transparent communication. We pride ourselves on being a place that provides opportunities for growth and development. At Visual Eyes, we offer flexible schedules (Including part-time opportunities), competitive salaries, benefits, perks, and promotions. We are looking for Optometrists to come join this already fantastic team!
- Examines patients having a full range of visual problems by using a full field of optometry instruments and techniques
- Diagnoses ocular diseases, visual disorders, and deficiencies and prescribes treatment according to the laws of the State of Maryland
- Prescribes and fits contact lenses, including specialty lenses.
- Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams in an efficient and timely manner
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educated and excite others about our mission and values
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurement and diagnosing ocular conditions
- Comfortably explain eye health, eye wear, and prescription terminology to patients
- Innovate and share best practices for eye care and customer service to implement throughout the organization
- Strong background in great customer service
- Emphasis on the patient relationship
- Team oriented
- Spanish Speaking
- Basic Optometry Training
- Paraoptometric Training
- Optometric Testing
- Basic Coding
- Word Processors
- Data Entry Software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required.
- License in good standing in the State of Maryland, National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Experience with ocular disease management
- Experience with specialty contact lenses
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an interdisciplinary health care environment preferred or successful completion of an accredited residency program.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)