Optometrist Job – Eugene, OR
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you an Optometrist seeking an opportunity to grow your career in a practice that supports your ability to apply the full scope of your medical training and skills? Would you like to work in a well-equipped facility, with multiple exam lanes, autorefractor, autotonometer, pachymeter, plus provides access to a new OCT and fundus camera, a topographer, and a Humphrey visual field analyzer?
Join our multi-location practice at Rainbow Optics, and enjoy the benefits of a well-established brand! With an in-house finishing lab and over 5000 frames in inventory, you will see a constant focus on the goal of building long-lasting professional relationships with our patients. Optometrists on our team are well-supported with a robust team of over 60 employees, and a highly customized EMR that minimizes chating time and allows fully focus on your patients.
Additionally, you will enjoy a strong professional community in a beautiful area. The Eugene area optometric community is proud to have close comanagement connections with ophthalmology, as well as a strong professional local optometric society, and a shared OD call panel. Eugene has something for everyone. Outdoor recreation options include snowboarding, climbing, surfing, hiking and more. With a population of over 200,000, Eugene also offers galleries, music venues, and great restaurants with a classic college town vibe.
Join the team at Rainbow Optics, and love where you work and live!
- Prescribe and fit contact lenses including specialty lenses.
- Provide efficient, comprehensive vision and eye health medical examinations with a style that builds patient desire to return for future services and materials
- Comfortably explain eye health, eyewear, and prescription terminology to patients
- Lead and manage office staff to offer the greatest experience to the customer
- Perform Routine Eye Exams, Eye Health Exams, Reviewing Visual Field, OCT, and Optomap/Fundus tests
- Provide interpretation and communication to referral sources
- Maintain high standards of EHR charting with appropriate and timely reporting to other providers, as needed.
- Assist with ongoing education of ophthalmic technicians who provide initial screening for patients.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required
- Optometrist license in good standing in the State of Oregon
- Dedication to the patient relationship
- Basic Optometry Training
- Paraoptometric Training
- Optometric Testing
- Basic Coding & Data Entry
Type: Full Time (Salaried)