Optometrist Job – Eugene, OR
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you an Optometrist who is seeking an opportunity to grow your career in a practice that supports your ability to apply the full scope of your medical training and skills? Would you like to work in a well-equipped facility with multiple exam lanes, autorefractor, autotonometer, and pachymeter, plus have access to a new OCT and fundus camera, topographer, and Humphrey visual field analyzer? If so, join our multi-location practice at Rainbow Optics to start enjoying the benefits of a well-established brand!
With an in-house finishing lab and more than 5,000 frames in inventory, you will see a constant focus on the goal of building long-lasting professional relationships with appreciative patients. Rainbow Optics Optometrists are well-supported with a robust team of more than 60 employees and a highly customized EMR that minimizes charting time, allowing you to fully focus on your patients.
Additionally, you will enjoy a strong professional community in a beautiful area. The Eugene optometric community is proud to have close co-management connections with ophthalmology as well as a strong professional local optometric society and a shared OD call panel. Eugene has something for everyone. Outdoor recreation options include snowboarding, climbing, surfing, hiking, galleries, music venues, great restaurants and more. With a population of more than 200,000, Eugene is the perfect big city with a classic college-town vibe.
Join the team at Rainbow Optics, and love where you work and live! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a 401K, medical and dental insurance, paid time off, bonuses, continuing education opportunities, and more. Appy for our Optometrist job opening today.
- Prescribe and fit contact lenses, including specialty lenses
- Provide efficient, comprehensive vision and eye health medical examinations
- Explain eye health, eyewear and prescription terminology to patients
- Work with office staff to offer the greatest experience to the customer
- Utilize specialty testing with advanced instrumentation and interpret results
- Communicate effectively with referral sources
- Maintain high standards of EMR charting with appropriate and timely reporting to other providers
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required
- Optometrist license in good standing in the State of Oregon
- Optical experience a plus but will train the right candidate
- Comfort with daily use of electronic medical records
- Dedication to quality patient relationships
Type: Full Time (Salaried)