Optometrist Job – Bowie, MD
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you a self-starter, who is detail-oriented and cool under pressure while juggling diverse tasks? Are you someone who is continually learning and striving to be better at your craft? If you answered yes and would want to move to the next level with a company that prides itself on being forward-thinking and family-oriented, you are perfect for Visual Eyes’ Optometrist role!
As a Visual Eyes Optometrist, you will be encouraged to develop into the best you can be, personally and professionally. You will use state-of-the-art equipment to perform patient eye exams, prescribe and fit contact lenses, act as a company representative, and more. At Visual Eyes, we pride ourselves on providing our employees opportunities for growth and development. We offer flexible schedules (Including part-time opportunities), competitive salaries, benefits, perks, and promotions.
Join the Visual Eyes team today to propel your Optometrist career to the top!
- Examines patients having a full range of visual problems by using a full field of optometry instruments and techniques
- Diagnoses ocular diseases, visual disorders, and deficiencies and prescribes treatment according to the laws of the State of Maryland
- Prescribes and fits contact lenses, including specialty lenses.
- Perform excellent comprehensive eye exams in an efficient and timely manner
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educated and excite others about our mission and values
- Ensure flawless accuracy in taking measurement and diagnosing ocular conditions
- Comfortably explain eye health, eye wear, and prescription terminology to patients
- Innovate and share best practices for eye care and customer service to implement throughout the organization
- Strong background in great customer service
- Emphasis on the patient relationship
- Team oriented
- Spanish Speaking
- Basic Optometry Training
- Paraoptometric Training
- Optometric Testing
- Basic Coding
- Word Processors
- Data Entry Software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited school of Optometry required.
- License in good standing in the State of Maryland, National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Experience with ocular disease management
- Experience with specialty contact lenses
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an interdisciplinary health care environment preferred or successful completion of an accredited residency program.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)