Why You’ll Love This Job
Join one of the Best Places to Work as recognized by Albuquerque Business First!
Vision Source Rio, a locally owned and operated Optometry practice in Rio Rancho, is seeking an Optometric Technician to join our growing practice.
In this entry-level role, your people skills and efficiency will be greatly appreciated by your patients as you guide them through the process of pretesting before they see the Optometrist — all within a professional and upbeat environment.
A little about us:
- Family owned and operated practice serving the local Rio Rancho community since 1996
- Albuquerque Business First Best Place to Work
- CooperVision Best Practices Award of Excellence
- 4.6 stars on Google (695+ reviews)
- Member and leader within the Vision Source network of locally owned optometry practices across the country
- Modern practice employing the latest technology and a state-of-the-art facility to best serve our patients
- Externship site for the Ohio State College of Optometry
As part of our team you also will receive perks and benefits that include:
- Paid holidays (Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, and Fourth of July, when these days fall on regularly scheduled workdays)
- Health insurance including a free gym membership
- In-house vision and materials benefits
- 401K plus up to 3% matching
- A robust bonus structure
Starting pay: $14-$17 per hour. This is a Full-Time role.
Office hours Monday – Friday. Weekends off!
As a part of the Optometric Technician team, you will work with patients one-on-one to complete the diagnostic testing for their appointments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare patients to be seen by the Optometrist
- Gather patient medical history
- Complete diagnostic testing and necessary documentation
- Assist the Optometrist as needed during examinations
- Show patients how to properly insert, remove, and care for contact lenses
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
No prior experience is necessary. On-the-job training and continuing education will be provided.
What you will bring:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to manage time wisely; detail-oriented approach
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
If you are looking to grow your career while making a difference in the lives of others, apply for our Optometric Technician role today! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Type: Full Time (Hourly)