Optometric Technician (No experience required) Job – Hackensack, NJ
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you customer-service focused, have an outgoing personality, and would enjoy working for a family friendly company that offers excellent benefits? If you have an easy rapport with others and would be interested in advancing your career at an innovative office, Focus Eye Health and Vision Care wants you on our team as an Optometric Technician!
In your Optometric Technician role, you would join a great group of professionals in providing a 5-star experience for our patients. Your duties would include medical testing, taking medical histories, dispensing glasses, escorting patients to and from exam rooms, helping with office and inventory maintenance, and front desk assistance.
If you are ready to take that next step toward a satisfying career, apply today to join the professionals at Focus Eye Health and Vision Care, an established company that has provided quality eyecare service in the area for more than 40 years!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)