Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Job – Spring, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
How would you like to work with the newest in state-of-the-art-technology? Are you a people person? Do you like a fast-paced, busy environment? Join our team in The Woodlands at Lifetime Eyecare Associates as our newest Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant. Apply now! Willing to train the right candidate for our Optician role, as well as, cross-train in all other departments.
Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)