Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Job – Murrieta, CA
Why You’ll Love This Job
California Oaks Vision Center is looking for an Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant to assist in their fast-paced, high tech, upscale multi-doctor office. They are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team. We are willing to train the right person to be our Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant, so if you are ready to learn, and this sounds like you, apply today!
Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Responsibilities
- Adhere to schedule, monitoring patient activity to ensure smooth flow and timely visits
- Provide a friendly greeting to patients
- Obtain patient history
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
- Perform pre-exam diagnostics not limited too (Auto-Refraction, Visual Fields, OCT, Visual Acuities, Lensometry, Tonometry, Blood Pressure)
- Perform accurate and consistent documentation in EHR
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment
- Contact Lens insertion and removal training
Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant
Type: Full Time (Hourly)