Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant Job – Greenwood, IN
Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you have experience in the optical industry or a medical background? Are you compassionate and empathetic person? How would you like to be a part of collaborative team atmosphere with a give back mentality? Here at VisionQuest Eyecare, we are looking to add another Optometric Technician / Medical Office Assistant to the team who has a great positive attitude. Join us if you would like to be a part of our fast-paced office.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)