Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant Job – Union, MO
Why You’ll Love This Job
Union Eye Associates is looking for an Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant to contribute in their well-established, family oriented multi-doctor office in Union, MO. They are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team. The position may require occasional travelling to Owensville Family Eye Care (Owensville, MO) for some hours.
Enjoy a dynamic medical and retail environment with great teamwork and managerial support. Team members appreciate having input on office policies and decisions about the day-to-day operations of the business. The position comes with paid vacation, 401k, health and dental benefits!! This is a career where you will be busy, have lots of fun with patients and your co-workers, and will continue to learn for years to come.
We are willing to train the right person to be our Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant so if you are ready to learn, and this sounds like you, apply today!
Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists the Optometrist with all scheduled appointments
- Preparation of patients to be seen by doctor
- Performance of diagnostic tests and appropriate documentation
- Contact Lens insertion and removal training
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment
- Schedule appointments, answer phones
- Assist patients with frames and lens selection
Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- Strong history of customer service
- Ability to multi-task/adaptable
- Willing to be cross-trained and help as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma
- Experience in medical settings would be helpful
- Prior experience in Optometry field a plus but not required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)