Medical/Optometric Assistant Job – Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Why You’ll Love This Job
If you are a professional who is interested in building a career in the optometry field, your experience places you at the top of the list for Palos Verdes Family Vision's full-time Medical/Optometric Assistant position in Rolling Hills Estates, CA!
At Palos Verdes Family Vision, you will work with an amazing team in a fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. No optometry experience? No problem! Take advantage of our on-the-job training and continuing education classes to learn the skills you need to grow a successful Medical/Optometric Assistant career. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them and choosing the perfect eyewear. Live your best life with no evening or weekend hours plus perks and benefits that include a great schedule, a 401K, paid time off and health/dental/vision insurance.
Fast-forward your Medical/Optometric Assistant career with Palos Verdes Family Vision, an established, family-oriented practice that will help you succeed. Apply today! We offer competitive pay.
Medical/Optometric Assistant Responsibilities
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Perform pre-examination testing
- Assist the Optometrist as needed
- Help patients choose the perfect eyewear
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
- Cross-train in other office responsibilities
Medical/Optometric Assistant Qualifications
- Professional office experience
- Efficient, organized and resourceful
- Excellent people skills with a calming presence
- Computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- Optometric Tech/optical industry experience preferred
Type: Full Time (Hourly)