Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant Job – Austin, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Avery Ranch Eye Care is looking for an Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant to contribute in their well-established, family oriented office in Austin, TX They are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team.
This role opens the door for you to join a highly motivated team of professionals who believe in working smarter, not harder. We love serving our patients and providing them with the best eye care possible, and we want someone who feels the same way. You will be cross-trained in several areas, giving you the chance to greatly increase your skills and earning potential, and, for your efforts, will receive competitive pay, weekday only hours, PTO, a retirement plan, and health/dental/vision benefits in a fun, caring environment. Along with a great work environment, the Avery Ranch community offers access to a lot of outdoor activities such as hiking/biking trails, fishing, canoeing, golfing, swimming, and wide open parks.
We are willing to train the right person to be our Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant so if you are ready to learn, and this sounds like you, apply today!
Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists the Optometrist with all scheduled appointments
- Preparation of patients to be seen by doctor
- Performance of diagnostic tests and appropriate documentation
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment
- Other responsibilities as assigned; willing to be cross-trained into other positions
Optometric Technician/Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- Strong history of customer service
- Ability to multi-task/adaptable
- Willing to be cross-trained and help as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience in Optometry setting a plus but not required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)