Optometric Technician Job – Zionsville, IN 29891
Why You’ll Love This Job
If you are a professional who is interested in building a career in the optometry field, look no further. Your experience and drive put you in the lead for Zionsville Eyecare’s full-time Optometric Technician position in Zionsville, IN!
At Zionsville Eyecare, you will work with an amazing team in a fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. No optometry experience? No problem! Take advantage of our on-the-job training and continuing education classes to learn the skills you need to grow a successful Optometric Technician career. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them and choosing the perfect eyewear.
Live your best life in our state-of-the-art facilities with perks and benefits that include 401k, PTO, health care and vision insurance and you’ll never have to work Sundays or late nights! Plus, you can earn quarterly bonuses and will enjoy team events in our encouraging work environment. People who have performed well in this role include those with customer service experience, medical assistants, teachers/ childcare professionals and those who have already worked in an optometry office.
Fast-forward your Optometric Technician career with Zionsville Eyecare, an innovative company that will help you succeed. Apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and pre-screen tests
- Gather information about a patient’s history
- Assist and instruct contact lens patients on inserting and removing lenses
- Maintaining and cleaning ophthalmic instruments
- Accurately document patient’s medical history and testing results
Optometric Technician Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to connect with patients
- Works well with a team based environment
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness to be trained while remaining humble and teachable
- A strong work history in customer service, preferably with optical experience
- Team driven culture
- Ability to give and receive recognition, feedback, coaching, etc.
- Ability to work until 1pm two Saturdays per month
Type: Full Time (Salaried)