Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Job – Worcester, MA
Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you consider yourself an energetic and motivated person with a positive attitude? Do you enjoy interacting with people on a daily basis? Here at Vision Source of Worcester, we are looking for a Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician that takes initiative, is organized, and has great attention to detail. Great schedule, great benefits, and great compensation available! Join our fun and professional working environment today.
Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
- Assist with front desk duties as necessary
Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as a Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)