Optometric Technician Job – Solon, OH
Why You’ll Love This Job
How would you like to work in a modern high-tech optical office? Do you have experience as an Optometric Technician or as a Front Desk Receptionist? Are your patients your first priority in order to provide quality care? Our office, Dr. David J. Gale Optometrist is the right place to start your optical career. If you are looking for a new opportunity in a professional environment with a set schedule apply to our Optometric Technician role, who will also be considered our secondary Front Desk Receptionist! Competitive salary, paid vacations, and holidays.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
- Backing up the front desk
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry is a plus
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 00:45:05 GMT