Optometric Technician Job – Sevierville, TN
Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you have the desire and ability to learn new skills? Are you somebody who enjoys being a part of a caring team? Are you tired of working nights and weekends? Join our team at Middle Creek Eye Center as our newest Optometric Technician!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:07:46 GMT