Optometric Technician Job – Omaha, NE
Why You’ll Love This Job
We believe that life is all about your vision! Exclusively Eyecare is the leading provider of optometry services and vision care products in the Omaha community, and we want to help you achieve and maintain a clear vision for years to come. As an Optometric Technician at Exclusively Eyecare, you will have the opportunity to receive continuous learning growth. Support and study materials are provided to earn certifications: Certified Para-Optometric (CPO) and Certified Para-Optometric Assistant (CPOA). If you have experience, or simply have a desire to provide exceptional customer service and are willing to learn, apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
- Patient chart prep and data entry
- Special Testing; operating OCT, Retinal Photography, and Visual Field equipment
- Obtaining patient history and lifestyle information
- Functioning as a medical scribe to document doctor's exam room findings
- Opening, disinfecting, and closing exam rooms daily
- Dry-Eye Testing and treatment duties.
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Paraoptometric Training
- Optometric Testing
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Committed to teamwork
- Appreciation and respect for top quality patient/customer care
- Ability to thrive in a growing business while learning best practices
- High School diploma
- High volume customer service environment experience
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry, but training will be provided to the right candidate
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 05:14:42 GMT