Optometric Technician Job – Oakland, CA 23922
Why You’ll Love This Job
If you are a professional who is interested in building a career in the optometry field, look no further. Your experience and drive put you in the lead for Grand Lake Optometry's full- or part-time Optometric Technician position in Oakland, CA!
At Grand Lake Optometry, you will work with an amazing, supportive team in a fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. No optometry experience? No problem! Take advantage of our on-the-job training and continuing education classes to learn the skills you need to grow a successful Optometric Technician career. Pick up additional skills as you cross-train in other areas such as front desk and optical. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them and choosing the perfect eyewear. Live your best life with a competitive salary, and perks and benefits that include a 401K, paid time off and health/vision insurance.
Fast-forward your Optometric Technician career with Grand Lake Optometry, an innovative company that will help you succeed. Apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Perform pre-examination testing
- Assist the Optometrist as needed
- Help patients choose the perfect eyewear
- Process contact lens orders; maintain inventory
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
Optometric Technician Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Professional office experience
- Efficient, organized, resourceful; team player; multitasker
- Excellent people/communication skills with a calming presence
- Computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- Optometric Tech/optical industry experience preferred
- Detail-oriented; dedication to exceptional customer service
Type: Full Time (Salaried)