Optometric Technician Job – Normal, IL
Why You’ll Love this Job
Central Illinois Eyecare, LLC is a growing 3 doctor private practice with a young patient base looking for their next Optometric Technician. We strive for excellence in patient care with the top of the line optometric technology and products, a friendly and inviting atmosphere, caring doctors and staff, and exceptional customer service. We are a busy practice where detail-oriented, multi-tasking people thrive. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, apply to our Optometric Technician role today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- High School diploma
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 20:58:10 GMT