Optometric Technician Job – Murrieta, CA
Why You’ll Love this Job
California Oaks Vision Center is looking for an Optometric Technician to assist in their fast-paced, high tech, upscale multi-doctor office. They are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team. We are willing to train the right person to be our Optometric Technician, so if you are ready to learn, and this sounds like you, apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- High School diploma
- Prior experience as an optometric technician or in the optical industry.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 01:40:28 GMT