Optometric Technician Job – Marshalltown, IA
Why You’ll Love This Job
Eyecare Associates in Marshalltown, IA is looking for an Optometric Technician or Medical Assistant to contribute in their well-established, family-oriented optometric practice. We are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team.
Enjoy a dynamic medical and retail environment with great teamwork and managerial support. We love to educate our patients about the best fashion eye wear options, new contact lens technologies, their eye health, as well as the wide range of ocular diseases we treat. Everyone in the office works together as a team to deliver excellent care to each patient as an individual, no matter what that requires. You will be integral in creating an amazing patient experience through a friendly smile, outgoing personality and attention to detail and efficiency. You will work with the newest and most exciting optometric technology to test patients vision and eye health, gather patient history and walk patients through the exam process. This position comes with paid vacation, weekday only hours, vision insurance, and retirement contributions.
This is a career where you will be busy, have lots of fun with patients and your co-workers, and will continue to learn for years to come. For an amazingly rewarding and fulfilling opportunity, apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities:
- Assists the Optometrist with all scheduled appointments
- Preparation of patients to be seen by doctor
- Performance of diagnostic tests and appropriate documentation
- Contact Lens insertion and removal training
- Access EMR and prepare charts for necessary appoints
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Optometric Technician Qualifications:
- Strong history of customer service
- Ability to multi-task/adaptable
- Willing to be cross-trained and help as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Prior experience in the Optometry field a plus but not required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)