Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you enjoy interacting and connecting with patients? Are you passionate about providing best-in-class patient care? Then, join the Hunter Family Vision team today in this Optometric Technician job.
As the Optometric Technician, you would be expected to maintain a professional and friendly attitude as you guide patients through optical testing to determine their visual abilities, followed by helping them make important decisions about the various types of eyewear available.
Hunter Family Vision is a growing private optometry practice with 2 locations – Leawood and Prairie Village, KS. Our office is seeking a full-time Optometric Technician who loves exceeding patients’ eye care needs. If you are team player with a positive attitude, friendly, detail oriented, with a strong work ethic and reliable than this is the place for you. Past optical experience is helpful, and excellent patient communication is needed. As the practice continues to grow, we are looking to continue to add long term team members who create a great work environment while helping patients with the highest quality of care. Pay is dependent upon experience and may be negotiable. Hunter Family Vision offers a 4.5 work week with Friday being the half day. One day at both offices we are open from 9-6 which is our latest evening hour.
Join the Hunter Family Vision team and apply for our Optometric Technician job today!
Optometric Technician Job Responsibilities
- Greet all office guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Gather preliminary data through patient pretest, such as documenting chief complaints, gathering patient’s medical history, measuring visual acuity, eye movement, interocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual fields, and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Educate the patient throughout the prescreening process about what each machine is testing for and provide instructions to provide accurate test results.
- Accurately and efficiently document the results of pretesting into the current EHR program.
- Educate and instruct the patient on insertion, removal, and proper care of contact lenses.
- Assist the Optometrist as needed during examinations.
- Assist the patient in making decisions about frames and lenses.
- Assist other members of the team when needed and available.
Optometric Technician Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years prior optometric technician experience preferred
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to multitask
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Interest in healthcare
- Strong communication skills.
- Must present a professional appearance
Type: Full Time (Hourly)