Optometric Technician Job – Hemet, CA
Why You’ll Love This Job
Dr. Higa Optometry located in beautiful Hemet, CA is looking for an Optometric Technician to help keep the office moving while creating a fantastic customer experience. Our newest team member will start as a Front Desk Receptionist and will grow and be trained to assist our OD. No previous experience is required, so if you are looking to learn in an exciting field, join us today as our newest Optometric Technician!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
- Front office support
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- High School diploma
Preferred but not Required:
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Date Posted: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 01:11:02 GMT