Optometric Technician Job – Greensboro, NC
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you someone who has a genuine interest in people and loves helping others? Are you looking to continue your career in healthcare and expand your skill set? Interested in joining a successful practice that has great growth potential? If you are someone who has the ability to multi-task easily and change gears quickly, then our Optometric Technician role is for you. At Vision Source Eye Center of the Triad, we are seeking an Optometric Technician who is at ease with technology who will serve our patients in a compassionate and respectful manner. Competitive compensation, benefits and paid time off, and room for advancement! Apply today.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry is a plus
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 23:11:24 GMT