Optometric Technician Job – Green Brook Township, NJ
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking to continue your optical career in a fun-loving, close-knit office? Do you have great attention to detail and communication skills? Here at Barrios Vision, we are looking to add a professional and caring Optometric Technician. Great schedule and benefits available!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
- Bilingual a plus!
Type: Full Time (Hourly)