Optometric Technician Job – Fort Worth, TX 45676
Your professional experience and desire to work in a positive, exciting atmosphere, making a difference in the lives of others, place you at the top of the list for our full time Optometric Technician role in Fort Worth, TX!
In this position, your skills and efficiency will be greatly appreciated by your customers as you guide them through the process of optical testing to determine their visual abilities followed by helping them make important decisions about the various types of eyewear available to them. Regardless of your level of optical experience — some or none at all — you can rest assured that you will receive the training you need to be a successful Optometric Technician.
This is the perfect place to be part of a fun, friendly team and grow your Optometric Technician career! Apply today!
Optometric Technician job responsibilities include:
- Complete diagnostic testing and necessary documentation
- Prepare patients to be seen by the Optometrist
- Assist the Optometrist as needed during examinations
- Communicate with patients, explaining the pre-testing process
- Assist the patient throughout the pre-test and post-test process
Skills & Qualifications
Optometric Technician required skills & qualifications include:
- Quick study; tech-savvy; basic computer/typing skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills; people person, ability to interact with family members of the patients
- Works well with a team, elderly patients, and corporate patients
- Experience with optometric tech equipment: auto refractor/keratonometer, visual fields, tonometer, etc.
- Technologically skilled; generally skilled in using optical testing equipment
Type: Full Time (Hourly)