Optometric Technician Job – Cedar Park, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Signature Eye Care is looking for an enthusiastic, diligent, and friendly professional who is seeking a rewarding, long term job position as an Optometric Technician in our well-established and growing optometric private practice. This individual must be a quick learner, organized, computer-savvy (type at least 40 words per minute), and reliable. Come join a winning team that genuinely cares to serve people and support each other to provide the best customer service! Great benefits provided and Fridays and weekends off!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry is a plus!
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 04:07:48 GMT