Optometric Technician Job – Bridgeville, PA
Why You’ll Love this Job
Pittsburgh Eye Care Associates is looking for a new experienced Optometric Technician to join our thriving practice. We offer competitive pay, fantastic benefits, and this position only includes one evening a week with no weekend hours. If you are looking for a flexible practice to continue your career, this is the place for you!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed as well as EMR experience.
- High School diploma
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 9944