Optometric Technician Job – Birmingham, AL
Why You’ll Love This Job
Vision Source – Dr. Michael Blackburn is looking for an Optometric Technician to contribute in their well-established, family-oriented optometric practice in Birmingham, AL. We are looking for an intelligent, friendly, outgoing person who is looking to learn more and work with a team.
Enjoy a dynamic medical and retail environment with great teamwork and managerial support. We love to educate our patients about the best fashion eye wear options, new contact lens technologies, their eye health, as well as the wide range of ocular diseases we treat. Everyone in the office works together as a team to deliver excellent care to each patient as an individual, no matter what that requires. This position comes with paid vacation, weekday only hours, and vision insurance, with the potential to earn more benefits!
This is a career where you will be busy, have lots of fun with patients and your co-workers, and will continue to learn for years to come. If you are ready to learn, apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities:
- Assists the Optometrist with all scheduled appointments
- Preparation of patients to be seen by doctor
- Performance of diagnostic tests and appropriate documentation
- Contact Lens insertion and removal training
- Access EMR and prepare charts for necessary appoints
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam and testing rooms and equipment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Optometric Technician Qualifications:
- Strong history of customer service
- Ability to multi-task/adaptable
- Willing to be cross-trained and help as needed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Prior experience in the Optometry field
Type: Full Time (Hourly)