Optometric Technician Job – Austin, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
If you are interested in advancing your optometry career with a forward-thinking company that offers great benefits, you are the ideal candidate for McCormick Vision Source's full-time Optometric Technician position at our private practice in Austin, TX!
At McCormick Vision Source, you will work with an amazing team in a fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. Here, your career will continue to grow as you add to your skill sets and knowledge via our continuing education classes. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them and choosing the perfect eyewear. Be richly rewarded for your contributions with perks and benefits that include a great schedule, a 401K, paid time off and health/vision insurance.
Fast-forward your Optometric Technician career with McCormick Vision Source, an innovative company that will help you succeed. Apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
- Provide assistance to the Optometrist during eye exams
- Help patients choose the perfect eyewear
Optometric Technician Qualifications
- Technologically skilled; skilled in using optical testing equipment
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful
- Strong customer service skills; possess a calming presence
- Computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry (prefer 6+ months)
- Prefer preliminary and diagnostic testing experience (VFs, OCT, Optomaps, Topography and Tonometry)
- Prefer collection, copay, insurance benefits experience
Type: Full Time (Hourly)