Optometric Technician Job – Austin, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you seeking a career that offers competitive pay, full insurance benefits, no weekend work, monthly bonuses, and much more? Do you have an easy rapport with others, an eye for fashion, and would enjoy being part of a fun, customer-focused team? If so, Avery Ranch Eye Care in Austin, TX, wants you on board as a full-time Optometric Technician!
Avery Ranch’s Optometric Technician opening is ideal for a dedicated and dependable person who is looking for a place with a company where career growth is encouraged. And while basic Optometric Technician training is a requirement, we are willing to further train the right candidate who might have limited experience in the field. You would use your expertise to guide customers through the process of choosing the perfect cutting-edge eyewear, help with adjustments, and manage orders and pick up. In addition, you would assist with diagnostic testing and eye exams, and oversee frames and eyewear accessory merchandising.
Your role as Optometric Technician comes at an exciting time for our growing practice! Avery Ranch Eye Care is located in the heart of northwest Austin, in the beautiful, highly acclaimed Avery Ranch neighborhood. As a resident of Texas’ state capital, you would have plenty of choices as you explore this diverse city of around 950,000. Austin offers infinite choices in food, music events, cultural art, and outdoor activities that include tubing, paddle boarding, biking, and fishing. Austin is home to the renowned Austin City Limits, Mount Bonnell, the University of Texas, and the Cathedral of Junk, a three-story structure of carefully crafted recycled items — and is less than a two-hour drive from historic San Antonio.
For an exciting job in an outstanding city, apply today for Avery Ranch Eyecare’s full-time Optometric Technician position!
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests.
- Gather information about a patient's vision history.
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans.
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement.
Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments.
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Date Posted: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 02:37:33 GMT