Optometric Technician Job – Albuquerque, NM
Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you desire to be apart of making a difference in people’s lives? Would you like to be part of a team that adds value to the staff and its patients? Our fun, fast-paced work environment is the perfect place for someone to not only join a team, but a family.
At Sandia Vision Clinic we offer the tools and on-site training to help you learn and grow.
Being in business for 40 years, Sandia Vision Clinic is the largest privately owned optometry office in the state of New Mexico. With two different locations, we strive to be the preferred eye care facility in the state. Our doctors, leaders, and staff strive to provide a welcoming environment, while truly making a difference in our patients lives. Come join our team if you strive to learn and grow with a growing company!
Our full-time technician position includes all departments and aspects of the office and help support the doctors, leadership team and fellow employees
Job Duties May Include but Not Limited To:
- Record accurate patient medical history
- Pre-test all patients prior to seeing the doctor
- Record all testing information accurately
- Teach patients insertion and removal of contact lenses
- Manage patient flow and doctor schedules
- Perform all other tests or tasks assigned by doctors
- Experience preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental
- In House Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have efficient verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate minimum basic computer skills.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- High school or equivalent
- Customer service: 1 year
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)