Optician/Optical Sales – Austin, TX
Why You’ll Love this Job
Are you a reliable professional looking to join a stable, growing organization with a supportive work environment? Would you like to join a close-knit team that works together to ensure every patient has a great experience? Would you enjoy working in a private optometry practice backed by a premier nationwide network, with the best marketing, patient products and continuing education in the industry?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a friendly hard working practice!
Interviewing immediately! Apply today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Optician is responsible for internal merchandising of frames, spectacle lenses and eyewear accessories, as well as all product support functions. Opticians are responsible for ensuring practice’s optical quality standards are met.
Duties of the Optician include:
- Assist patients with frame selection, measure and specify orders, place frame orders, complete/file insurance forms.
- Manage all aspects of eyewear orders and patient pickup.
- Work directly with patients in adaptation of their lenses
- Troubleshoot spectacle rechecks – verify rx, pd, bc, material and proper product usage.
- Adjustment and minor eyeglasses repair
REQUIRED SKILLS OF AN OPTICIAN
- Proven customer service skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance patient relationships.
- Highly organized and able to assist multiple clients
- Strong sales ability. Effectively handle price objections. Ability to close the sale
- Basic algebra
- Quick learner
- Have an eye for fashion, particularly eyewear
- Secure small and large transactions with equal ease
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Motivated, goal oriented, and persistent.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Computer literate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.
- Prior experience as an Optician or similar position
- Experience interacting with customers or patients as well as administrative and office experience
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Office Suite software programs and other clinic-specific software
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 7698
Internal Job Title: Optician – Silver – 1983 – Freedom Eye Care, PLLC