Why You’ll Love This Job
If you have any type of sales, customer service or optical experience and want to launch a successful career, you are the perfect fit for our FT/PT Optician position in Worcester and/or Spencer locations.
In this Optician/optical role, you will be an important part of an outstanding team, taking appreciative customers through the procedure of selecting and ordering eyewear and accessories that best suit them, assisting with fitting, and providing education on the proper care for their chosen products — all within an upbeat environment. In addition to on-the-job training, you will have access to continuing education classes so you can gain the skills you need to advance.
If you are looking to grow your career and help others, apply for our Optician job opening today! Training is provided.
Pay is dependent on experience and whether entry level or licensed.
Optician/Optical job responsibilities include:
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient
- Frame adjustments, repairs and dispensing eye wear and contacts
- Maintaining communication with patients ie. material orders, insurance benefits etc.
- Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits such as VSP, Eyemed, and Spectera
- Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
- Position may cross train with technician duties as well which includes working up the patient for the doctor
- Occasionally Optical will assist front desk in answering phones, processing patient payments, and making appointments
Skills & Qualifications
Optician required skills & qualifications include:
- Prior customer service or sales experience
- Fashion savvy and enjoy helping people in a customer setting
- Comfortable with sales and making transactions
- Works well in a team environment
Type: Full Time (Hourly)