Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you desire to be apart of making a difference in people’s lives? Would you like to be part of a team that adds value to the staff and its patients? Our fun, fast-paced work environment is the perfect place for someone to not only join a team, but a family.
At Sandia Vision Clinic we offer the tools and on-site training to help you learn and grow.
Being in business for 40 years, Sandia Vision Clinic is the largest privately owned optometry office in the state of New Mexico. With two different locations, we strive to be the preferred eye care facility in the state. Our doctors, leaders, and staff strive to provide a welcoming environment, while truly making a difference in our patients lives. Come join our team if you strive to learn and grow with a growing company!
Our full-time positions include all departments and aspects of the office and help support the doctors, leadership team and fellow employees.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental
- In House Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Job Duties May Include:
- Ensure that every patient is helped in a timely manner with their glasses order, warranty, adjustment, dispense, etc.
- Be aware of all current sales and promotions.
- Finish all of the steps required to take care of patient’s orders.
- Always sell the recommended lens.
- All patients’ glasses must be cleaned, repaired or adjusted properly.
- Order frames for patients as needed.
- Finish up with all patients before you leave for the day.
- Clean and check for order accuracy before stocking patient’s glasses in pick up.
- Call patients to inform them that their glasses are ready and check for the balance due.
- Make sure all frame boards are stocked and cleaned as needed.
- Assist the patient with choosing the best frame and ensure that the frame choice is a good fit for the patient (temple length, eye size, nose pads, etc.) before purchase.
- Track and follow up with orders.
- Participate in sales and goals.
- Assist fellow opticians in being proactive and help with projects.
- Keep optical area and desks free from clutter and keep organized.
- All other duties as assigned.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have efficient verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate minimum basic computer skills.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills
- High school or equivalent
- Customer service: 1 year
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)