Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician (No Experience Required) Job – Rio Rancho, NM
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking to join an office that continues to grow? Are you a dependable, motivated team-player excited about the opportunity to provide an exceptional patient experience through state-of-the-art technology and excellent customer service? If you have a willingness to learn and to be a part of an innovative, caring, and dedicated team, join our office at Vision Source Rio as our newest Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician! Great schedule and benefits available. We are willing to train the right candidate, experience is not required.
Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as a Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician is not necessary
Type: Full Time (Salaried)