Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Job – Rio Rancho, NM
Why You’ll Love This Job
Join us at Vision Source Rio if your dream job is to have fun while you help others! We are looking for an outgoing person to fill our Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician role.
Work with an amazing team in an exciting and fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them, and choosing the perfect eyewear. Great schedule, no weekends or late nights!
Fast-forward your Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician career with an innovative company that will help you succeed. Apply today! Great benefits are available!
Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
- Assist the Optometrist as needed
- Help patients choose the perfect eyewear
Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- Prior experience as a Medical Office Assistant / Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)