Medical Assistant/Optometric Technician Job – Highland Park, IL
Why You’ll Love This Job
If your dream job is to have fun while you help others, you are in luck! We are looking for an outgoing person to fill our Medical Assistant/Optometric Technician role. Here at Zeifert Eye Care, we are a high-end, technology-focused optical practice where we know our patients on a personal level and strive to make them feel comfortable!
Work with an amazing team in an exciting and fun atmosphere under the guidance of great leadership. Draw upon your outstanding people skills as you guide appreciative patients through the process of optical testing, helping them understand the products prescribed to them, and choosing the perfect eyewear.
Fast-forward your Medical Assistant/Optometric Technician career with an innovative company that will help you succeed. No experience is necessary, for we will train the right candidate. Apply today!
Medical Assistant/Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient's vision history
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care and replacement
- Assist the Optometrist as needed
- Help patients choose the perfect eyewear
Medical Assistant/Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed
- Prior experience would be helpful but not necessary
Type: Full Time (Hourly)