Lead Optometric Technician Job – O’Fallon, MO
Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you experienced in the optical field and looking for a leadership role? How would you like to be a part of an office where their patients and team are like an extended family and they make sure all are aware? Here at Iverson-Tomasino, we are looking to add a lead Optometric Technician to the team. We appreciate our team members and all their contributions which promote the office to grow culturally. Did we mention we offer great benefits, a great schedule, and great pay? Apply today!
Optometric Technician Responsibilities
- Perform visual field screening, retinal imaging, and auto-refraction tests
- Gather information about a patient’s vision history
- Assess eyeglass desires and purchasing plans
- Instruct contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement
Optometric Technician Skills & Qualifications
- The ability to work well with technology and various instruments
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Strong customer service and the ability to be a calming presence when patients may be nervous.
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Must be computer literate w/ a strong typing speed.
- Prior experience as an Optometric Technician or in the optical industry
Type: Full Time (Hourly)