Insurance Specialist / Receptionist Job – Tucson, AZ
Why You’ll Love This Job
How would you like to work in a fun-filled, fast-paced optical office? Are you able to multitask while still paying attention to detail? Do you have a great phone personality with the ability to advise customers with billing difficulties? Here at Family Vision Source, we are looking for an Insurance Specialist who will also split their time as a Receptionist.
Insurance Specialist / Receptionist Responsibilities
- Process claims for products and services to patients Vision Plans and/or Medical Plans
- Verify patient data for accurate billing
- Process monthly patient statements
- Maximize insurance reimbursements through routine billing audits
- Processes delinquent accounts for collections
- Serve as backup Receptionist
- General knowledge of Insurance Specialist / Receptionist procedures
- Extremely detail oriented.
- A strong problem solver.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Prior experience as an Insurance Specialist or Receptionist
- Knowledge of general business office procedures
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Office Suite software programs and other clinic-specific software
Type: Full Time (Hourly)