Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Office Job – Austin, TX
Why You’ll Love This Job
You are outgoing, have a passion for helping others and your organizational skills are envied by all. Combined with your optical office experience, that makes you the ideal fit for McCormick Vision Source's FT Front Desk Receptionist / Medical Office position at our family owned Austin, TX, private practice!
In this Front Desk Receptionist / Medical Office role, you will enjoy going to work in a positive atmosphere where patients will appreciate your smiling face, friendly demeanor and efforts on their behalf to make their visit comfortable and enjoyable. Here, management works next to you, not above you, giving you the opportunity to add to your skill sets and knowledge, and advance your career. We love to laugh and have fun as we work together as a team to provide the best customer service. Your efforts will be richly rewarded with a great schedule of no evenings or weekends, a 401K, paid time off and health/vision insurance. In addition, we offer continuing education opportunities.
Apply for McCormick Vision Source's Front Desk Receptionist / Medical Office job opening today to join a fun and outstanding staff at a prestigious clinic where you will always be encouraged and supported.
Front Desk Receptionist / Medical Office Responsibilities
- Welcome office visitors in a warm manner
- Invoicing; payment collection, including co-pays and insurance
- Keep the front area running smoothly; schedule appointments
- Verify patient insurance information; collect insurance authorizations/referrals
- Use EHR to keep up-to-date electronic patient files (will train)
- Answer incoming calls, manage voicemail, take messages
Front Desk Receptionist / Medical Office Qualifications
- Must have 6+ months prior experience in an Optometry, Ophthalmology or other medical practice
- Friendly and outgoing with the ability to connect with a diverse group of people
- Efficient, organized and resourceful with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer operations; proficient in basic word processing, data entry and automated records
- Office management experience a plus
Type: Full Time (Hourly)