Front Desk/Reception Job – New Hartford, NY
Why You’ll Love This Job
How would you like to start your optical career in a growing practice with advancement opportunity? Would you like to work with a team that listens to everyone's thoughts and ideas to ensure the office runs smoothly? Here at New Hartford Optometry, we have four great doctors who love what they do and are happy to educate their team to help them grow their career. Did we mention we have a great benefits package, PTO, yearly staff parties, and a monthly bonus opportunity for all our staff? If this sounds like a team you would like to be a part of, apply to our Front Desk Receptionist opening today!
Responsibilities for Front Desk Receptionist
- Greet patients and provide excellent patient care; check patients in and out.
- Schedule patient’s appointments; actively work to reschedule as openings are established.
- Acquire medical history and chief complaint of patient.
- Verify insurance information.
- Administrative duties for this position include faxing, copying, making phone calls, preparing patients' medical records, scanning, and entering extensive data in the office's computer system.
- General knowledge of Front Desk Receptionist procedures
- Friendly and outgoing with ability to connect with a diverse group of people
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records
- Front Desk Receptionist or office management experience a plus
Type: Full Time (Hourly)